Saturday, August 18, 2012

DIY floating bed frame

hey everyone. This being the frist post is gonna be a long one.  I recently started designing and building furniture for my house and some friends told me I should blog about it so here it goes. The plan is to each week build something new or explore some new topic in DIY furniture. about 2 months ago i moved into a new house and started fresh with no furniture. My first piece was a bed.  After hours of searching for a stylish yet afordable bed frame i decided it was time to build one.  i wanted it to have a uniqueness not found in many beds.  I wanted it to appear as if it were floating.  Thanks to another DIYer out there i had the basic plans. Using 2x4's cut to the desired height as feet and plywoodsheeting as the platform I also added a some 1x6 and 1x4 whiteboards as a lip and clean paintable surface.  Construction took less than 2 hours and paint the better half of the day but considering the result all in all an easy project. If I had to do it again I would have spent more time on the sanding and finsihing to get a better gloss finish.  Pictures to come later.

Next week: floating night stands

2 comments:

  1. Love this!! I would love to know how you did this. What is supporting the frame?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for some other informative website. The place else may just I get that kind of information written in such a perfect method? I have a venture that I am simply now running on, and I’ve been at the glance out for such info. fold out bed

    ReplyDelete